Craigendarroch – Royal Deeside
For hundreds of years Royal Deeside has been one of Scotland's best-kept secrets and the favourite retreat of the Royal Family. Here, on the wooded banks of the River Dee, find one of the country's most prestigious holiday resorts.
Centuries of tradition and heritage are brought to life in this beautiful area, with its quiet charms and relaxing pace of life, which capture the essence of a true Highland holiday experience.
Enjoy a 3, 4 or 7-night holiday in these spacious properties. The onsite Country Club offers extensive leisure facilities including, pools, squash, tennis, sauna and steam rooms, bars and restaurants. Golf, horse riding, cycling and walking trails are all nearby. Balmoral Castle, summer home to the Royal family and the Lochnagar whisky distillery are only a 12km drive away.
- Self-catering lodges for 4–8 guests
- Open-plan living area with TV, hi-fi, DVD player and games table
- Primary bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Guest twin rooms with bathroom shower
- Private terrace
- Free Wi-Fi
Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Craigendarroch
Lodges SalesVirtual Tour of Lodges available
To Rent a Lodgehigvc@hgv.com
Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Craigendarroch Lodges
Our 99 lodges, set in 33 acres of the estate, offer accommodation for 2, 4, 6 & 8 guests in a range of lodge styles and sizes. The lodges have all been designed at Craigendarroch for pure enjoyment — with room to relax, to soak up the panoramic splendour of Royal Deeside, and enjoy the seclusion and privacy of your own home from home.
The open-plan lounges are stylish and relaxing, with sofas to sink into, high quality television, video, and a state-of-the-art sound system. The bedrooms are warm and welcoming, with handcrafted suites.
In the kitchen you'll find all the home from home appliances, including a fridge/freezer, dishwasher and microwave, and the dining area is the setting for many of the happy memories you'll take away from Craigendarroch. Completed and furnished with care, and set in a private and secluded location within the estate, these are homes you'll want to call your own.
Craigendarroch Country Club & Spa located at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Craigendarroch offers members and guests staying at the resort a wide range of leisure and relaxation options.
Leisure Club Opening Hours: 7.30 am – 8 pm
In order to limit capacity and maintain the physical distancing requirements, all leisure club facilities must be booked in advance.
Each booked session will be limited to 45 minutes with 15 minutes to allow for changing after use of facilities (a total of one-hour duration for each facility).
Leisure Facilities Open: Please call the leisure desk on Ext 435 to make bookings for:
- Swimming Pools & Spa: Open from 8am – 8pm. Maximum number of users in the pool hall is 25.
- Gym: Open from 7.30am until 7.30pm. Maximum numbers of users in the gym is 6.
- Sauna is limited to 2 persons at any one time. Maximum 15 minute use per session.
- Steam room is limited to 3 persons at any one time. Maximum 15 minute use per session.
- Snooker, Squash & Table Tennis (players must be from the same household).
- The House Spa is open with limited appointments (please pre-book to avoid disappointment).
Contact the Leisure Desk for further details. Tel: 013397 53435.
View The House Spa price list here.
Additional measures in place for the safety our team and guests:
- Water fountains will still be in use in the Club however, personal water bottles will be required as disposable cups will not be available.
- We ask that you arrive at the facility in your sports kit and swimwear and shower back in your accommodation to minimize the use of the changing rooms.
- All hairdryers in the club will be removed until further notice.
- Adjustments to the layout of our equipment and furniture in line with social distancing guidelines and local regulations.
- Card/contactless payment is the preferred payment choice.
- There will be disinfection wipes & sanitising stations found near primary entrances & key locations throughout the Country Club.
- Please find the following link from Scottish Swimming with very useful guidance for the pool user, we would recommend you read this prior to your visit: https://www.scottishswimming.com/media/3311402/scottish-swimming-pool-user-covid-19-back-to-the-water-guidance-final.pdf
Please note that face coverings are mandatory in all shared areas while visiting the resort to help decrease the spread of COVID-19. Should anyone in your company develop any signs of COVID-19 they must notify Reception immediately
Outdoor Leisure Facilities Open
- Outdoor tennis (racket hire and booking can be made at the main reception)
- Children's outdoor play area
- Popular Animal Trail for children (available from main reception)
Children under 6 years of age are only permitted to use the children's pools and main pool, and must refrain from using the sauna, steam room and spa bath. Please be aware that due to safety legislation one adult can only supervise up to 2 children under 16 years at any one time, and these children must be accompanied in the water.
Many local businesses, activities and attractions are re-opening however, please check their websites for full details. You can also visit Ballater iCentre.
- Highland Games
- Balmoral Castle
- Fishing on the River Dee
- Winter Sports
- Bike Hire
- Royal Lochnagar Distillery
- Victorian Heritage Trail
- Walking in The Cairngorms and The Grampians
- Crathie Church
- Cairngorm National Park
The Keiller Lounge
The lounge has been named after the Keiller family from Dundee, ( of Marmalade fame ) who built the main house here in 1891. We hope you will have the opportunity to join us, or re–visit us again soon.
The Keiller Lounge & Terrace is open daily from 12 noon - 8:30pm
Coffee and cake: 12pm - 5pm.
Lunch (sandwiches and hot food): 12pm - 2pm.
Dinner: 5pm - 8:30pm.
From 17 May, in line with Scottish Government restrictions for Level 2 areas, alcohol can be served indoors and outdoors on the Terrace.
We are accepting reservations for indoor dining
Book a table online or call 013397 55858
THE KEILLER BRASSERIE - CLOSED
Travelling to Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Craigendarroch Lodges
Craigendarroch is situated just outside the village of Ballater, on the main A93 Aberdeen-Braemar-Perth road. The entrance is west of the village of Ballater, and is 43 miles from the city of Aberdeen.